Main | Registration | Login | RSSMonday, 06/05/2024, 2:56 AM

fastgeneralknowledge

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
General Knowledge Forum » Mobile Softwares » MIUI » Galnet MIUI An Overview (By Julius Manuel)
Galnet MIUI An Overview
jumankuDate: Saturday, 24/09/2011, 8:50 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1

Galnet MIUI An Overview

For who dont know MIUI

Whether it’s Mobile Internet User Interface, or My iPhone User Interface, MIUI ROMs and ports have managed to move from being just a Chinese initiation with Chinese language and locale, to one of the most downloaded and desirable ROMs and ports out there. Built upon the CyanogenMod ROM’s framework, MIUI fuses together elements from the Android OS such as Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and the iPhone’s iOS, bringing us something quite unique. Being heavily focused on the UI and graphics, the performance is exceptionally good as well with the ROM being almost bug free and very smooth and slick in operation on the officialy supported phones. Constant upgrades on a weekly basis are continually evolving the ROM to be better and more better. The latest version as we write this post right now, is the MIUI 1.9.23 ROM based on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Paired with the Samsung Galaxy S I9000, we’ll walk you through the latest version starting with the key highlight features of the ROM. (By Zayed Rehman on addictivetips)

If go through xda forums, you can see a collection of MIUI modes! out there & there are some others, they standing on the shore of MIUI, like miui.us & miuiandroid.com. Then what is the difference here?

First, I am impressed with the website design, a nice, polished framework. Then the contents, they are pined & described well!. If we landed in the download section, you can find, they are keeping two separate sections, one is stable mode & the beta mode. Beta have latest tweaks by the Chinese & by Galnet itself, but obviously it may contains latest bugs also! ( But I find nothing on my Defy!)

I tested the ROM, on my Defy. Yes, it is super fast, clean & stable!. The default MIUI browser is replaced by Maxthon browser. Unlike the default browser, it supports add-ons & themes. There is a gesture for opening the last closed tab (useful, if you accidentally closed a tab).

Overall performance is good enough to support this mode & website.

General Knowledge Forum » Mobile Softwares » MIUI » Galnet MIUI An Overview (By Julius Manuel)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024